Scheduled Automotive Maintenance for Ann Arbor and Dexter MI
Scheduled Automotive Maintenance at Auto Tech Center
We offer premium scheduled auto maintenance services in Ann Arbor MI. Auto Tech Center is equipped to help you service your car whenever you need it. We make it easy for you to have your car be a safe and reliable ride. Just as you need a regular checkup, so does your vehicle. Taking proper care of your car means having scheduled auto maintenance performed regularly. Even the most state-of-the-art vehicles need regular maintenance to go the distance, helping to ensure you have a reliable car for years to come. Since cars are a big investment, overlooking maintenance issues with your vehicle isn’t advised. You don’t need to go to a dealer for scheduled auto maintenance,, since we can provide everything your car needs in no time.
When Will I Know To Schedule Automotive Maintenance?
You should expect to change your vehicle’s oil and filter regularly to keep it in good running order. That’s just the beginning, as you’ll also need to check check tire pressure, fluid levels, air filter, belts, wiper blades, and your brakes. There are also other parts and components that need inspection as well. Choosing a qualified auto mechanic for regular maintenance helps you avoid many costly repairs. Our scheduled auto maintenance mechanics in Ann Arbor are ready to help you extend the longevity of your car.
Check your owner’s manual for their recommended factory maintenance schedule for milestones. This way you’ll know when you should take your car in for periodic maintenance; most owner’s manuals will have the milestones listed in both years and mileage. The type of driving and the conditions you normally drive in will also affect how often you need to have certain services done. That’s why it’s best to ask an auto technician when and how you should get your car serviced.
You can always visit Ann Arbor’s Auto Tech Center to get a printout of the maintenance schedule for your particular vehicle. However, we also have general guidelines below. These should help guide your maintenance needs.
Common Intervals and Scheduled Auto Maintenance Services Include:
- Oil and Filter change and lube
- Every 3,000 miles or three months
- Many newer cars are lubed for life, many others still require this service
- Steering and suspension components may require lubrication
- Belts and Hoses
- Inspect at each oil change
- Replace if worn, leaking, brittle, crack, rusted or swollen
- Check V-belts and serpentine belts for tension and condition
- Replace belts if cracked, frayed, glazed or worn
- Engine Air Filter
- Inspect every oil change
- Replace annually or when showing signs of wear
- Cabin Filter
- Replace annually or when dirty and clogged
- Differential, Manual Transmission and Transfer Case (if equipped)
- Check fluids at each oil change
- Replace every 4 years/50,000 miles
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Check monthly and fill with washer fluid only
- Fuel Filter
- Replace filter every 2 years/24,000 miles
- Automatic Transmission Fluid
- 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Power Steering Fluid
- Replace fluid every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Coolant (antifreeze)
- Change every 2 years/24,000 miles
- If low check mixture to maintain approved levels
- Battery and Cables
- Every three years battery should be tested and replaced if necessary
- Check battery connection and make sure it is securely mounted every oil change
- Timing Belt
- Usually between 60,000 and 90,000 miles, check manufacturer’s recommended intervals
- Tune Up
- Replace oxygen sensor at manufacturer’s recommended intervals
- Spark plug replacement rage between 30,000 and 100,000 miles
- Brake Service
- Check entire brake system yearly
- Replace brake fluid every 2 years/24,000 miles
Signs Your Car May Need Scheduled Maintenance
The first sign you may need scheduled auto maintenance is if your car has a warning sign, such as stalling, the check engine light, or uneven tire wear. All of these signs can indicate a larger problem, which is what scheduled maintenance works to prevent. By adhering to a regular schedule for your maintenance, you’ll be fixing issues before they affect your driving. Regular maintenance also helps improve your fuel efficiency, and the longevity of your vehicle. Auto sales experts also recommend that you have regular maintenance on your car to increase the value of your vehicle’s trade-in or resale value.
Even if you don’t think something is “wrong” with your vehicle, experts still advise that you get your vehicle inspected for any issues. Your vehicle may have a broken belt, worn out spark plugs, low transmission fluid and many other things that can affect the performance of your vehicle, both in fuel economy and driving. Another consideration is that you need scheduled auto maintenance services to make sure that you’re ready for the change of the seasons. With winter comes snow, ice and slush, plus salt, all of which take their toll on your car. Keeping up with a regular maintenance schedule means preparing your vehicle for the arrival of winter, and reducing the possibility you won’t have a car that won’t start when the weather is rough.
Don’t let yourself be stranded or stuck with a costly auto repair. Keep up with your vehicle’s maintenance needs by choosing us as your regular scheduled auto maintenance provider in Ann Arbor MI. You won’t need to go to several auto shops either, as we can keep up with your vehicle year after year, ensuring you get the same quality service every time. Our prices are competitive, our service is speedy, and our customer service is second to none. We treat your cars like our own, no matter what make or model you drive.
We know your vehicle is one of the biggest finance investments you make and you depend on your car to keep you and your family safe. You love your vehicle, and it deserves to be maintained meticulously. The mechanics at Auto Tech Center will treat your vehicle like it’s their own.
We’re available to offer any maintenance you need, with no job too big or too small. Trust Auto Tech Center with your next 15K/30K/45K/60K/75K/90K/105K manufacturer scheduled auto maintenance needs in Ann Arbor MI. All of our services are performed by qualified ASE-certified auto mechanics.
Give us a call for all of your preventative maintenance questions at (734) 761-1661 or book an appointment by filling out the form below.