Preventative Automotive Maintenance For Ann Arbor and Dexter MI
How Can Preventative Maintenance Help My Car Or Truck?
Automotive preventive maintenance keeps your car in good working order and avoids problems that may lead to roadside breakdowns. At Auto Tech Center in Ann Arbor we believe preventative maintenance is the #1 priority of a car owner. Why? Preventative maintenance ensures that your vehicle’s major mechanical systems are functioning properly and efficiently. After all, your car is a great investment and you want to make sure it lasts. Keeping up with your car’s maintenance regularly reduces the likelihood of problems and makes it easy to spot any issues, plus prolongs the life of your vehicle.
Your engine is made up of hundreds of complex parts that work together to ensure that your vehicle starts and runs properly. Over time these components can wear out, which can result in a loss of vehicle performance and fuel economy. Maintaining these parts will help the engine last longer and stay effective. However, your engine is only the beginning of our preventative auto maintenance services in Ann Arbor MI.
All of your vehicle’s parts, from the car’s hoses to its filters, are important parts of your driving performance. Servicing them regularly according to the manufacturer’s schedule lets you keep your car in good working order. That’s why we do a 32 point inspection every time you get your car serviced at Auto Tech Center. We also keep detailed records of your vehicle’s service history so you know what you had done to your car and when.
By doing preventative maintenance to your vehicle now, you could save yourself thousands of dollars later if you were to need a costly repair. Although it may seem like a hassle to schedule checkups, replacements and other automotive services, your payoff is worth it. Neglecting car maintenance may seem like it saves you a bit of money now, but you could have to pay hundreds or thousands to fix problems later. Auto experts and mechanics agree that maintenance goes a long way towards extending the life of your car. Bankrate even calculated that while regular maintenance may cost around $1,000, skipping it is much more costly — starting at $8,000 and up.
What If Something Goes Wrong With My Car Or Truck?
If something goes wrong with your car, there can be a domino effect where it affects the performance of another component. For instance, if you skip replacing your timing belt at less than $700, you may end up paying over $2,000 for a new engine. Poor car maintenance can have other effects, such as vehicle accidents and incurred costs from crashes. Expert reports show that $2 billion is spent on cars that crashed due to neglected maintenance.
Our auto repair service in Ann Arbor MI will let you know that your car is well maintained and will ensure it remains a dependable vehicle for years to come.
Auto Tech Center’s Recommended Auto Maintenance Checklist:
- Oil and Filter change and lube
- Should be done every 3,000 miles or three months
- Many newer cars are lubed for life, many other vehicles may still require this service
- Steering and suspension components may require lubrication
- Belts and Hoses
- Inspect at each oil change
- Replace if worn, leaking, brittle, crack, rusted or swollen
- Check V-belts and serpentine belts for tension and condition
- Replace belts if cracked, frayed, glazed or worn
- Engine Air Filter
- Inspect every oil change
- Replace annually or when showing signs of contamination
- Cabin Filter
- Replace annually or when dirty and clogged
- Differential, Manual Transmission and Transfer Case (if equipped)
- Check fluids at each oil change
- Replace every 4 years/50,000 miles
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Check monthly and fill with washer fluid only
- Fuel Filter
- Replace filter every 2 years/24,000 miles
- Automatic Transmission Fluid
- 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Power Steering Fluid
- Replace fluid every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Coolant (antifreeze)
- Change every 2 years/24,000 miles
- If low, check mixture to maintain approved levels
- Battery and Cables
- Every three years battery should be tested and replaced if necessary
- Check battery connection and make sure it is securely mounted every oil change
- Timing Belt
- Usually between 60,000 and 90,000 miles (check vehicle recommended replacement interval)
- Tune Up
- Replace oxygen sensor at manufacturer’s recommended intervals
- Spark plug replacement rage between 30,000 and 100,000 miles
- Brake Service
- Check entire brake system yearly
- Replace brake fluid every 2 years/24,000 miles
Be sure you go through this checklist or a similar checklist every few months and make sure that car has regular preventative maintenance. You should also have your car checked out before you make a significant trip; just to be sure no problems will occur while you’re driving. You don’t want to put yourself in the position of a breakdown miles from a service station or alone on the highway while on your road trip. To know which items on our checklist are applicable to your car, always check the manual to find out the manufacturer’s maintenance intervals. We are happy to print them out for you if you need them.
Seasonal Car Preventative Maintenance
Another thing to consider as the seasons change is having maintenance performed before winter arrives. This can include alignment, tire rotation, tire replacement, exhaust system checks, and more. You’ll feel better if you know your car has been inspected and maintained recently, and your car will drive well even in snowy conditions. You can check with a mechanic about needed preventative maintenance at Ann Arbor’s Auto Tech Center. Don’t wait until the flakes start falling, or you may face trouble while driving the snowy roads.
Don’t wait for your car to suffer a breakdown, call Auto Tech Center for your preventative auto maintenance in Ann Arbor MI today. No maintenance job is too small for our ASE-certified and professional mechanics if it can give you peace of mind and a reliable car. Auto Tech Center is a local company with pride for our business, taking care of your car. It’s a job we don’t take lightly either.
Give us a call for all of your preventative maintenance questions at (734) 761-1661 or book an appointment by filling out the form below.